Hello all, I’m Emily, the new “Writer at Large” of Skincare Sunday @EMK. With over 45K+ plus friends reading today, it’s a privilege to be here with you. ✨
Today, I'm feeling a little nostalgic, and I want to share the timeless tale of Vitamin C. The beauty world is all a buzz with innovations, but some gems, like our dear Vitamin C, have been around for quite a while, gracefully making their mark. Did you read the recent NYT article? Yes – we are all obsessed with Vitamin C.
A Walk Down Vitamin C Lane
Did you know that the skincare benefits of Vitamin C have roots deep in history? 🕰️ Indigenous people used to apply fruits rich in Vitamin C onto their skin as natural age-fighters. And, somewhere around the 16th century, sailors discovered its potential to heal and prevent scurvy, although they were more into consuming it. Fast forward to the modern age, and scientists began celebrating it for the skin-perfecting marvel that it is. A true testament to "old is gold."
Now, let me explain why I've always been a believer in the power of Vitamin C:
- The Ageless Wonder: This age-old remedy is like the fairy godmother of skincare, sprinkling magic to smoothen those unexpected lines.
- The Invisible Shield: Beyond the age-defying prowess, Vitamin C has been our guardian against UV rays and pollution for ages.
- The Glow-Getter: Those ancient fruits were onto something! Even back then, Vitamin C was the secret recipe for a radiant shine.
A 2021 study published in the Journal of Dermatology and Cosmetology showed that vitamin C with an advanced delivery system, such as gold stabilized ascorbic acid, maintained its potency and effectiveness significantly longer than traditional formulations when exposed to environmental stressors. Studies show that when the vitamin is stabilized, and the supplier has shown that it absorbs into the skin with 100% efficiency and zero-waste, vs traditional vitamin C at 30% efficiency when supplemented with glutathione, an antioxidant which prevents the Vitamin C from degrading.
- Enhanced Hydration: Triluronic (A.K.A. 3 sizes of hyaluronic molecules) is known for its ability to provide deep hydration, making it the perfect partner for vitamin C.
- Increased Collagen Production: Moreover, studies have shown that the combination of vitamin C and Triluronic can stimulate collagen production in the skin, helping to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It's like a one-two punch against aging!
So, as you continue your journey through the world of Vitamin C skincare, remember to choose wisely, invest in advanced scientific delivery systems like Cx3 Gold Serum that has the magic of combining Golden C, Triluronic, marine extracts, fruit acids, botanicals and more for a revolutionary way to benefit from nature.
As you know, the EMK team has been a buzz with the creation of a "C" focused serum for a long time. We wanted something to complement the incredible Rescue Serum and stand on its own as a specific treatment. It had to be a perfect formula of science, nature, world class ingredients and priced in line with the quality and results that you deserve. 😊
Thank you for joining me on this adventure today. Please hit reply for any topics, tips, or feedback we can provide and forward to share with a friend.
Emily Q.Skincare Journalist
“What would your future skin think of you today?”